This is a follow-up consultation after the initial phone case evaluation to discuss your situation in more detail after the review of documents related to your matter.
This is generally a second (or subsequent) conversation prior to you retaining the firm to represent you in your matter. The purpose of this meeting is to take the time to discuss your matter in more detail after the review of the documents and information related to your case. Please be advised that while an attorney-client relationship is formed as part of these services, we are not promising to represent you in this matter and will not speak with any third parties on your behalf until we have mutually decided to move forward with the representation.
Please be sure to review the “What’s Included” and “What’s Not Included” tabs on this webpage to get a better understanding of what is (or is not) included with this purchase. Furthermore, please take a few moments to review the “Getting Started” tab to get an idea of the process for working with us on this matter.
Please note that all orders are subject to our terms and conditions, which are available for your review at www.rickdavislegal.com/legal-services- terms-of-service/.
- Document Review. We will review up to two (2) hours for time reviewing documents that you provide to our office prior to the second consultation.
- Post Review Phone Call or Office Meeting. A 45-minute phone call or office meeting to discuss the attorney’s review of the document and any questions you have regarding the same.
- Privacy. Once we have confirmed there are no conflicts of interest and accepted this matter, the information you share and everything you discuss while working together is protected by attorney-client privilege.
What's Not Included
- Other Legal Matters. Drafting or review of any documents other than those set forth above. Business or legal advise other than the discussion of the matter being reviewed.
- Additional Phone Calls or Consultations. Phone calls or office consultations other than those set forth on this page.
- Litigation. This is a preliminary conversation and is not intended to include any litigation or litigation related activities. If you are involved in litigation related to this contract or otherwise, any fees related to litigation will be charged in addition to the fees paid for these services.
Thank you for your interest in working with our firm. For your reference, we have created this guide to explain to new and prospective clients how to get started working with our firm. Please be advised that the new client process will vary slightly depending on the type of matter. Therefore, please be sure to review the “Getting Started” tab for the specific services you are contemplating.
- Online Signup. Once you have determined that you would like to engage our services, you can sign up using the “add to cart” feature on our webpage. When you complete the online order process, you will be provided with a copy of our terms and conditions that outline the basic terms of the representation, including our billing and communication policies. You can review these policies at any time at www.rickdavislegal.com/legal-services- terms-of-service/.
- Payment. After you have submitted your order, you will be provided with a link you can utilize to submit payment with a debit/credit card. If you would prefer, you can also mail or drop off a check at our office located at 8826 Santa Fe Dr, Ste 100, Overland Park, Kansas 66212. Whichever method you select, please be advised that no work will be performed on your matter until we have received payment.
- Intake Form. Once we have confirmed receipt of your payment and confirmed we do not have any conflicts of interest (if not previously completed), you will receive an email that contains a link to our online intake form that you can use to submit information to us about your matter and upload any relevant documents. The online intake form helps to ensure that we have all of the information needed to fully assist you with your matter. Moreover, by using an online form, we are able to avoid additional costs associated with having a lengthy conversation with the attorney to gather this information. With that being said, if you are uncomfortable with the online intake form, you are welcome to call our office to discuss the information necessary for your matter.
- Schedule Post Review Phone Call. In the same email containing the intake form, you will receive a link to schedule your post review phone call. This phone call will be used to answer any questions related to the document that you might have. Please be advised that your intake form and the document to be reviewed must be submitted at least 48 hours prior to the introductory phone call and the appointment may be canceled if we have not received your intake form by this deadline.
- Attorney Review. Prior to the post review phone call, the attorney will review the document and takes notes on any relevant provisions. If a detailed document review was ordered, the written comments will be provided within one (1) business day following the post review phone call.
It is our hope that outlining the process helps to make the establishment of a relationship with our firm easier. It also helps to streamline our internal processes to ensure that we devote our time to providing the highest level legal services to our clients. If you have any questions about this process, please feel free to contact our office at (913) 283-8300.